Speckle Connect! – open-source for AEC

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Speckle Connect! – open-source for AEC

October 19, 2021 @ 10:00 pm - October 22, 2021 @ 10:00 pm AEDT


Connect! is Speckle’s conference for engineers, designers, BIM managers, hackers, and anyone interested in modern solutions, open-source, and data-driven processes for the AEC industry.

Over three online days, leading startups, experts, and vendors in the space will provide insights on how to bring your workflows to the 21st century and run hands-on workshops.

Open source focused sessions include:

– Speckle: No BS Digital Transformation For Your Company: A no-BS session on how you can start using Speckle today as the base for a digital transformation within your organization.
– Clima: open source climate analysis for the AEC industry: The CBE Clima Tool is an open source tool for climate analysis.
– Interoperability via open source developments: This presentation tells the story of the first connector developed outside of the Speckle community.
– Panel – Open Source in AEC: Writing OSS code is just “80%” of the effort – getting it adopted by large enterprises, building a community around it and maintaining it is the other “20%”….
– Online IFC: the future of open BIM: The vast majority of BIM software on the market is desktop-based. However, IFC.js allows the creation of complete web-based applications compatible with any device capable of running a browser.
– Intro to COMPAS: The goal of the COMPAS framework is to provide a consistent & robust foundation that is independent of CAD software and can be used across platforms to facilitate collaborative research in AEC.
– Introducing the OSArch community: The Open-Source Architecture Community brings together like-minded users and developers who share a common goal: that the built environment can be designed, constructed, operated, and recycled with free/libre and open-source software, with increased transparency, and a more ethical approach.
– Open source robotic fabrication with COMPAS FAB: In this session, we will introduce participants to COMPAS FAB: the robotic fabrication package for the COMPAS framework, provide an overview of robotics fundamentals and focus on the design and planning of robotic fabrication processes using these tools in combination with ROS, the Robot Operating System.

Full details: https://hopin.com/events/connect-50c0df4f-24ce-44b4-a9ad-4c980cba28e1


October 19, 2021 @ 10:00 pm AEDT
October 22, 2021 @ 10:00 pm AEDT